Fandom: Iron Man
Summary: If ten people were to ask them about how they finally officially became a couple, those ten people would get ten different answers. And there's no telling which of those answers are actually true and which are completely made up.
A/N: The idea for this fic was borrowed from helioshyperion's Ten Times That Didn't Happen, which features Clint/Natasha with a slightly different topic. The link to that fic is here.
A/N: Written for its_always_been's Bingo Challenge, for the prompts kiss, New York, and waiting. Those spaces aren't even near each other on the board, but who cares? At least I finally wrote something.
Ten Things That Might Have Happened. Maybe.
If ten people were to ask them about how they finally officially became a couple, those ten people would get ten different answers. And there's no telling which of those answers are actually true and which are completely made up.
1. Tony: After I kissed her on that rooftop, she couldn't keep her hands off me.
2. Pepper: Tony came home late after a mission and, as usual, was half delirious with exhaustion. When he mumblingly asked me out, I thought he was joking, so I jokingly said yes. And here we are, nearly 18 months later.
3. Tony: She finally gave in to my charms. It only took over a decade to get through to her. Not bad, considering the woman has skin as thick as a rhinoceros. Really, it's almost impossible to get any sort of response out of her sometimes.
4. Pepper: We're not actually together. Tony just says I'm his girlfriend to boost his already enormous ego.
5. Tony: I really didn't have a choice in the matter. Pepper insisted that we become a couple and that was the end of that discussion. But I don't mind.
6. Pepper: If Tony's telling people that I forced him into this, that is completely untrue. Forcing Tony Stark to do anything he doesn't want to do is like trying to put pajamas on a wild honey badger, and everyone knows that. No, if anything, he forced me into it. But I don't mind.
7. Tony: Ohh, I knew I loved her before I even went to Afghanistan. It just took me a little while to act on it. Was I scared of what might happen if I told her? Maybe. This is Pepper we're talking about.
8. Pepper: I'm just with him for his money. Hey, all these Louboutins and Jimmy Choos aren't cheap.
9. Tony: Well, first I asked her to marry me. When she said no to that, I settled for a long-term relationship.
10. Pepper: After he blew up half of New York (the first time, with the Hammer droids and Vanko) I realized that I couldn't handle it if something happened to him. He realized the same thing when he saved me from the exploding droids. After that, we decided to finally get together.
How it actually happened?
That's for you to figure out.
- Current Music:Lakehouse - Of Monsters and Men